Post-processing is used as an umbrella term for the various stages that AM parts may need to go through post-build before they are fit for end-use.
Today, AM is a serial production technology as well as a prototyping technology, and so the focus on automating and streamlining the post-processing of AM parts is vital to achieve economic efficiency and the levels of accuracy and repeatability required and which are impossible to attain using erratic manual operations.
Our product portfolio consists of our own equipment and process technologies but also includes equipment from external partners. This enables us to offer solutions to your post processing challenges, irrespective of the printing method or the component material, from one single source.
To ensure that AM can be a viable industrial production process, accessing the best expertise and suitable post-processing equipment is vital as it allows:
- Increased productivity due to shorter processing times
- Better cost-efficiency due to automation
- Enhanced component functionality due to optimized surface finish
- Lower cost per part opening new business opportunities
- Improved component performance opening new fields of application
- Accelerated AM implementation due to post-processing cost savings
AM Solutions can provide tailor-made equipment solutions for:
- Unpacking of work pieces
- Removal of support structures
- Removal of loose and sintered powder from the component surface
- Smoothing and cleaning of internal passages
- Surface cleaning
- Surface homogenization, surface grinding & smoothing and (high gloss) polishing
- Surface preparation for subsequent manufacturing steps, e.g. coating and painting
- Application of a color dye on plastic components produced with selective laser sintering
Our automated post processing solutions are compatible with various 3D printing technologies like :
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- MultiJet Fusion (MJF)
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM, DMLS, DMLM)
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM)
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
- and many more...
With our automated post processing solutions, we can handle the 3D printed parts of all major printer manufacturers, such as:
Did you know that our post-processing solutions themselves contain numerous
3D printed components, e.g. >30 printed parts in our S1?
This means that we are not only an equipment manufacturer, but also a user of additive manufacturing and apply this knowledge to our solutions.
From users for users!