Compact model for dry electropolishing of metallic components up to 75 Ø mm x 50 mm
The machine works with the DryLyte technology, a new patented form of surface finishing of metals by ion transport with free solids. This is a dry electropolishing process that uses no liquid as electrolyte. In contrast to conventional polishing systems, this is characterised by a uniform finish, which does not create micro-scratches on the surface and respects the tolerances of the part.
The workpieces are clamped in specially designed holding systems in the DLyte machines. The holder of DLyte1I is dragged with a combination of planetary movement, vertical back-and-forth motion and rotation on its vertical axis inside the drum containing the dry electrolyte media. The machine includes a high performance cathode inside the perimeter of the drum allowing uniform electrical fields to achieve homogeneous results across the surface. The conductivity of the dry electrolytes is ensured by a testing device and a precision pump with automatic adjustment.
With a maximum component size of 75 Ø mm x 50 mm, the DLyte1I is the smallest version of the Drylyte machine series. The system is particularly suitable for processing:
- High-value, delicate pieces which cannot be impingement during the process
- High-precision parts with very tight dimensional tolerances
- High-demanding finishing requirements
- Extremely tough and abrasion-resistant materials
- Rotative and aerodynamic parts
- DLyte1I: Solution for treating Steel and Stainless-steel, Cobalt Chrome, Carbides, Nickel and Copper alloys
- DLyte1I Ti: Solution for treating Titanium, Nitinol and Aluminum
- DLyte1I +Ti: Solution for treating Steel and Stainless-steel, Cobalt Chrome, Carbides, Nickel and Copper alloys, Titanium, Nitinol and Aluminum