Unique parts handling and fully automated post-processing
Just place your plastic components, produced with powder-bed printing systems, into the S2 – everything else takes place in a fully automatically. The unique loop belt allows single piece flow and particularly gentle work piece handling. This ensures uniform cleaning, surface homogenization and / or peening of the work pieces in continuous mode operation. The integrated blast media recycling system guarantees consistently good processing results. A patent application covering the machine and the process is pending.
- Gentle part handling and uniform blast processing due to the unique continuous loop belt design
- No discoloration of parts due to the polyurethane loop belt and blast media conditioning
- Automated processing of complete print jobs, independent of the printer manufacturer
- Monitoring of the blasting process ensures reproducible blasting results and consistent quality
- Efficient blast media recycling
- Compact design with plug-and-play connections
- Integrated sound insulation with special door seals
"With the S2 we were part of the beta testing program, and what we found was that from a technology perspective it took a substantial step towards being a flow process which promoted automation, quality, and repeatability. This coupled with the large capacity of the machine were the key areas of interest."
Jules Witte, Plant Manager at Shapeways